Wednesday, August 24, 2011

When in charge ponder, when in doubt mumble, when in trouble delegate.

You would think something as simple as having a fun office BBQ would be easy to plan right?  Not if it's salespeople attempting to plan it.  For the last 3 days I have heard the phrase "When is the BBQ?" more times than I can count.  Sadly enough, we have yet to find the answer.  Set a date, set a place, set a time. Is it really that complicated?  Apparently so.  No matter who you ask, that person is waiting for someone else to decide.  So then what happens?  Everyone asks me.  As you can obviously tell, I am not in charge of this said BBQ, which is why no one has a clue of what is going on regarding it.  I suppose I could assist and confer with the said party planners, but is slightly more amusing watching everyone run around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to plan the event.  I would however vastly prefer to spend Friday afternoon enjoying some delicious tri-tip rather than working so I suppose I'll put my OK magazine to the side and help out...

No comments:

Post a Comment