Tuesday, August 23, 2011

People who think they know what they're doing are especially annoying to those of us who do

I don't pretend to know everything, so why does everyone assume I do?  I think what appears to be lack of intelligence for the vast majority of sales people is actually lack of an attention span.  Every Monday we have a meeting and various announcements are made regarding the events for that week.  I make every effort to pay as little attention to these meetings as possible and usually spend them balancing my checkbook or reading my weekly OK magazine.  One glance in my direction during any meeting and you can clearly see I am not paying attention, which in my defense, I'm not required to anyway so why not use this valuable un-interrupted time for my own personal enjoyment?  So why is it that it never fails that I will have at least 3 people come to my desk and ask me a question that was answered by an announcement less than 29 minutes ago?  It used to be they were doing the same thing I was during a meeting, which to me allowed them to ask dumb questions afterwards, but now they have to physically move their chairs forward away from their desks and stare at the person speaking.  So the question of the day is do they seriously not understand and comprehend what is being said or do they really just have the attention span of a gnat?

No comments:

Post a Comment