Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Everyday I come to work I am amazed.  That sounds like it would be a glorious gift right?  To have a day so filled with wonderment and excitement that it literally just flies by? I wish!  I suppose some days can be glorious and I am able to walk out amazed in a positive way.  Usually this means I'm amazed at the fact that the entire day went by and no one cried or screamed at each other.  These are the days I cherish.  They usually happen because everyone clears out and heads into the field early.  I find the less time sales people are in the office at the same time, the less chance there is for screaming, crying, bickering, gossiping, etc, etc.  The other amazing days unfortunately seem to run together in my head a bit.  It's hard to distinguish one from the other when it's generally the exact same thing happening everyday only involving different people.  You would think we all would learn from either our own mistakes, or from watching other people make them.  Yet somehow, whether due to their amazingly short attention spans or increased level of self absorption this is not the case for most sales people.  Everyday I watch the same "issue" take place and the end result is always the same yet people are flabbergasted by the outcome.  They are genuinely shocked and outraged that such a travesty has occurred.  They have NEVER heard of anything like this every happening to anyone ever before, especially themselves.  I was actually thinking of starting a tally sheet for how many times I have heard the phrase "I've never heard of this before!", but I don't think I have enough post its....

No comments:

Post a Comment